I'm thrilled to have Jaz as a guest on my blog! When she contacted me about guest posting, she had 3 ideas for me to choose from for her guest post--wow! (I wish I was prepared like that!) I got to pick so I picked these beautiful tissue paper flowers. I've seen these around, but have never made any and was so excited to see how easy these are--I'm always a fan of quick and easy! Here's Jaz from Flowers and Chocos:
Tissue Paper Hibiscus Flowers
Flowers made of tissue have several uses. You can use this as an affordable party décor which is a great substitute to streamers or an ideal add-on to banners. They are extremely versatile since they are great for bridal and baby showers, fiestas, tea parties, children's parties and so on. Let your imagination flow, utilize one tissue paper shade or use many to give your flowers a multi-color look.
You can also easily make these flowers large or small depending on the tissue paper’s size. Moreover, you can make them fuller and ultimately provide the look of having extra petals just by adding more tissue paper layers. Be careful not to go overboard, though, or the thickness will make it difficult to open the center of the flower.
Now that you know the basics of making a tissue flower, here are some affordable and fast techniques on how to make tissue hibiscus flowers.
- twist tie or a flower wire
- 8 sheets of tissue paper
- 2 brown pipe cleaners
- Stack Layers – unfold the tissue layers and stack eight layers of similar shades together.
- Pleat – Pleat and fold the stack of layer tissues together from one side to another side in a shape like fan design. You can use your hand or fingernail to crease the edge to help the crease to stay in as you pleat.
- Secure – Wrap a twist tie around the center. Insert the ends into the twisted section so they are not noticeable.
- Cut – Use sharp scissors and cut the end corners off by cutting through all layers. If it is really thick, you can cut a few layers at a time. Just try to make the end appear rounded and nice.
- Open up the flower petals – after you have finished cutting the sides, open the flower petals up. Open out each layer gently so that the individual tissue paper layers look like the flower petals.
- Simple flower tissue – Now, you have a finished flower tissue. You can use this finished product to embellish party tables or as a chair decoration or just hang them in the clouds over the party table using clear fishing line. Read on to make a large hibiscus flower
- Stamen – Get two brown pipe cleaners. Just twist the bottom jointly and twist the top of every pipe’s end cleaner making them look as stamens.
- Join stamen – Bend the 2 pipe cleaners in a parallel line and put the middle of the flower tissue in the middle. Circle the pipe cleaners in the center of the flower and bend jointly securing the flower in position. Now the flower is sandwiched between the bottom and top of the stamen. Place the stamen so it is stretches out from the middle of the flower.
- Your Yellow Hibiscus Flower Tissue is done. Fluff the flower layers to look beautiful and full.