Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Count Your Blessings

Count Your Blessings
I am so grateful for the blessings I enjoy in my life. I love this time of year because we have a definite reason to pause and think about the things we are grateful for—and there are lots! I made these for my children’s teachers to let them know how grateful we are for them.

The best part is that these go together pretty quickly. I actually had all of the materials on hand except orange paint. Since I had to look all over for the hooks last time I made this, I have seen them lots of places including my local grocery store. Said store also carries ribbon, jute, spray paint (better selection than certain home improvement stores) and staples for my staple gun. One stop shopping—especially if you need to run in for a forgotten food item. If you still need a quick hostess gift (or craft project for yourself!) this is a good one.

I made this the same way I made the St. Patrick’s Day gifts the past year. Go HERE to find the instructions and links. I only lightly sanded the edges and face of the large board to bring out the orange color. It is gorgeous although a little hard to see the orange in my pictures.

Count Your Blessings 2

Happy Thanksgiving!

Nancy's Couture,  said... November 23, 2011 at 2:46 PM

So glad to "see" you in the blogging world every once in a while. I love this project!!! I will be making one of these to display year round :o)

Evelene S,  said... November 24, 2011 at 7:47 PM

I second Nancy! So glad to see you and your creative ideas. Thanks for the tutorial!

Two Shades of Pink,  said... December 23, 2011 at 12:17 PM

Hey Tammy! I was thinking of you this Christmas and I just wanted to wish you a very Merry Christmas and to let you know I was thinking of you.

Tatiana Doria,  said... February 1, 2012 at 3:19 PM

Great blog so full of inspiration and good ideas.

www.tatianadoria.blogspot.com

Pink Rufflez,  said... February 9, 2012 at 12:35 PM

I just printed out one of your Valentine eyecharts and wanted to say thank you. You have a lot of very nice projects here!

Niki,  said... March 5, 2012 at 4:41 PM

I love it! It is so pretty...and your girls are BEAUTIFUL!!

About Jessica,  said... November 2, 2014 at 9:48 PM

This is SO cute! I made one similar for my mom and MIL for Christmas a couple years ago and they loved it! I'm writing a round up post of DIY Christmas gifts and was wondering if you'd be okay with me including a picture with your link. Thanks!