Friday, September 30, 2011

Jaw Dropping and Heart Stopping…

I found a gorgeous craft area on Pinterest—I find a lot of gorgeous craft areas and other stuff on Pinterest. But this little one got me. I had to remember to close my mouth after my jaw dropped. It is so simple--pretty and bright and organized!

I wanted to know more so I sought out the original source (Etsy: The Storque) and found a wonderful article. This time, my heart almost stopped because I recognized myself so clearly in the author’s words. The article is short and worth the read.

I have felt guilty for a lot of things lately…not getting things done, having too many things to do, wanting to do everything myself, overwhelmed and crashing, and on and on. This article is not just for DIY-ing, it is a good philosophy for my life.

I know I have posted very little lately. I have been caught between wanting to do more and watching my audience grow and then wondering why it all matters. There are a ton of wonderful blogs, sites, and pin boards out there. My little blog is not the prettiest, craftiest, expert-est, or any other “est” around. But, it is my place to share. I guess I need to provide a disclaimer, though. I can’t let my blog or craft projects take over my whole life. I need time to live my real life and enjoy it while I am at it.

I will still post projects and tutorials from time to time, but I can’t promise when or with what frequency. I hope you will still follow along—who doesn’t like an audience? But, at least you know what’s going on. Thank you so much for the kind emails wondering what happened to me. I’m here, I’m fine, and I am really living my life--thanks!

Please tell me I am not the only who feels this way. And, don’t forget to read that article. It is a good reality check for anyone who likes to craft!

Amy at Ameroonie Designs,  said... September 30, 2011 at 12:28 PM

I am sorting through some of my own issues right now too. I am so busy making stuff to sell and actually help my family that I don't have time to maintain the blog like I used to. You only have to be the b"est" you- and you do that wonderfully! We'll be here when you're here.
xoxo,
Amy

Two Shades of Pink,  said... September 30, 2011 at 1:50 PM

Of course you are not alone my friend!!! I have been the busiest I have ever been and wonder often...why do I focus on the least important thing and forget the most important? I have allowed the house to fall to pieces, lost crucial sleep, and even sent my child to school with all of her books at home due to sleep deprivation since my only free time is midnight! But you are wonderful and no amount of followers or frequency of posts can ever define you or your level of awesome (which is high in my opinion and you are my friend). And I will tell you something else. I can get excited about being featured or gaining several new followers in a day but the most triumphant, victorious, and fulfilled feelings I ever have are on the days I give to God, get on the floor and play with my kids or bake cookies with them, meal plan and actually get it on the table in real life, and and snuggle with my family on the couch watching a movie. Nothing in blogland compares to how THAT makes me feel or what I am worth. Tammy...I think you are fabulous. Period. Sorry for the book. :)

❀❀❀Ðαωᾔ❀❀❀,  said... September 30, 2011 at 2:24 PM

The photos of the craft room is spectacular, I can see why you feel in love with it.
I think you have to do what works for you and everyone will understand. You are supported and I will continue to follow. I enjoy what you post, you are so creative and have great skills:)

AmieAnn,  said... September 30, 2011 at 4:42 PM

I think we all have lives that go one with or without crafting and sometimes you have to step outside the blog world and enjoy you're real life! Your projects are great and we will all be here when you decide to post and if you don't want to.. well we have lots of your past inspirations to help us along the way!
Best of luck in everything!

Anna,  said... October 1, 2011 at 12:02 AM

I love blog land = the community of women that are so encouraging.....but my family I love the very most. The sands of time slip so quickly between our fingers dont they. You are the only mommy they will ever have.

Evelene S,  said... October 25, 2011 at 10:44 PM

See I am just getting to reading this! Live your life and blog when you can or want to it is just nice to know you are okay and nothing bad has happened to you.

Elizabeth,  said... October 26, 2011 at 1:22 AM

Will definitely be continuing to follow along. I love your cute blog and fun crafting ideas. And I totally understand where you're coming from. (Remember when I used to contribute to Ucreate with Kids?) Gesh, your kids are only going to be little for so long!

Kathy Shea Mormino,  said... October 31, 2012 at 11:03 AM

Hi! Stopping in to invite you to join us at the Clever Chicks Blog Hop this week!

I hope to see you there!
Cheers!