Thursday, May 26, 2011

Where is Summer?

Sprinkler 16

It really isn’t summer yet--or even spring for that matter—but we are still wishing and hoping. On one of our weird warm and sunny days, we had the opportunity to play in this amazing homemade sprinkler. I know, I know—you can just buy one, right? Trust me, you cannot find one as wonderful and as inexpensive as this one. This is the absolute best sprinkler I have ever seen! And, I am not just saying that because I made it---it’s just amazing! So fun!

Sprinkler 13

FYI—I also use it to water the lawn (when it isn’t pouring cats and dogs like it has been for the last 2 weeks!) because it has a large area of coverage and is super light to move around the lawn. You can’t beat a toy that doubles as a worker bee!

Are you ready to make one of your own?

Head over to HomeSpun Threads for the instructions.
Aimee is sharing an entire month of fun summer activities you can make or do with your children at her Summer Soiree.  I’m hoping that we will actually have summer weather by the time the month is up.
I plan to try out a bunch of these great activities and projects!

April @ Sewing Novice,  said... May 26, 2011 at 1:34 PM

Neat! Is that swimming suit from Target...I think it's the same one I got my daughter. Great taste. :-D

Erin,  said... May 26, 2011 at 5:02 PM

awesome! i have seen a few similar sprinkler things on pinterest. i plan on making all of the versions including yours so that I can have a water park in my back yard!

Bobbie - Clumsy Crafter,  said... May 27, 2011 at 12:51 AM

my friend put a lot of pvc pipes with holes drilled in it to their son for his birthday and now he connects them to make his own sprinkler!!! no joke. He's super smart.

Lyss,  said... May 27, 2011 at 1:30 AM

I love it! It's such a good idea! When I have a house and a yard I'll definately be making one.

Jennifer,  said... May 27, 2011 at 7:38 AM

We will definitely make one of these
Jennifer
www.bigdandme.com

April,  said... May 27, 2011 at 11:37 AM

Saw this at homespun threads...such a fun idea! You could make your own water park! I definately want to try this for my kiddos!

~April @ Wildflowers & Whimsy

Nancy's Couture,  said... May 27, 2011 at 4:39 PM

L-O-V-E!!!!
when Dakota was about 18 months we bought him a really cool sprinkler. It was like a gigantic swim ring that had little holes in it. He loved playing in it. The only problem was they would tear up so easily. This is just like it, only sqaure and won't tear up!
This is going on the Huuby's to do list. I;m sure it want to thank you :0) LOL!!!!

uptoolate,  said... July 4, 2011 at 9:15 PM

here is a variation on your sprinkler....when I finished making yours I realized that the pvc tubing that I had used to make my hulahoops was the same thickness as the pvc pipe....so I cut my hulahoop and joined it together with the connector and hose attachment, drilled holes in it and voila! I also decorated it with electrical tape before drilling so it looked cool. I wish I had thought of that before I bought all the connectors and pipe :) Thanks for posting this idea...we are thinking of making and selling a bunch of the hulahoop kind to the neighbourhood kids...

Ruthie

Jamie @ hands on : as we grow,  said... August 2, 2011 at 8:21 AM

A brilliant way to Beat the Heat this summer! Homemade sprinkler! I love PVC ideas! So cool! I featured this in a round up of ideas to Beat the Heat! Thanks!