Monday, February 21, 2011

Project 365 - #1 -

I have had quite a few requests to share my progress with you regarding my projects for Project 365. I love having this goal and have been able to stay on top of it for the most part. I don’t beat myself up if I don’t complete a project and I am never opposed to taking a break. As I said before, I gave myself Sundays off regardless so that puts my goal at 313 if I want to be a little more accurate. It still sounds so lofty, but I can assure you I count everything! It works for me to break down all of this stuff to just one a day. In the end, I am getting far more done than I ever thought I would accomplish.

Project 1-3Project 2-1Project 3Project 4Project 10Project 5Project 6Project 7

I thought I would post as I go along, but I don’t want to just throw the first month of projects out there. So, I think I will post a few every week. That will help me be more accountable and that gives you a chance to see what I have going on, as requested. Remember, some of these have been blogged about so they look like “repeats” but I am just trying to keep a log of everything. Also, you will soon figure out that I make a lot of the same things, so you really will see repeats, but they are each “new” repeats—haha!

Initially, I got a lot of sewing done! This project really motivates me to work through the existing stack—love that!

Dress for my daughter
Project 1-3

Baby gift
knot dress with bloomers
Project 2-1

Denim ruffle pants
promised to a friend last fall (!)
Project 3

Reusable Shopping Bag
blogged about one and I made another
Project 4Project 10

Fleece Hat/Headwarmer
blogged about it
Project 5

Reversible bags
for my children’s church stuff
(Now I don’t have it in my bag—yay!)
Project 6Project 7

Now, if I can just stay on top of the picture part, I can post these projects as I go!

Overall, I know it seems like a lot, but I think I am off to a good start. (Ask me again in October, right?)

What do you think?

pink and green mama MaryLea,  said... February 21, 2011 at 2:07 PM

I love the dress you made for your daughter and it looks adorable with those tights!! Great job

PS The reversible bag for church is also fantastic. : )

Nancy's Couture,  said... February 21, 2011 at 8:26 PM

WOW! You have been one busy lady! I'm tired just looking at all you've done. That little Knot Dress is the cutest!!!

Ellie,  said... February 21, 2011 at 11:25 PM

I'm amazed that you are doing this. I awarded you the Stylish Blogger award. Check here if you want to accept:

Jerri Neddermeyer,  said... February 22, 2011 at 11:54 AM

I am in the 50s for my creativity 365 now, so good luck! Keep it up for yourself! I read your blog nearly every day, although I rarely comment.....figured you need to know that the "silent" types are out there too!

Jaime,  said... February 22, 2011 at 12:26 PM

Oh my goodnes, you're awesome!!! What a beautiful blog you have and you're so busy!! Thanks for the sweet comment on my blog!

Brittany,  said... February 24, 2011 at 1:25 AM

I'm thinking I'm really impressed. So you try to do one project each day? I don't know how you do so much, then get it all blogged! I still have several finished projects waiting. And, of course, even more that are in the works.

I need to make Alexander a church bag, too. I'm trying to think of something manly. So do your girls like carrying their own things?

I love the little dress and bloomers! (And it's so fun now that I can actually picture one of my own kids wearing something girly like that!)

Auntie K,  said... February 24, 2011 at 11:18 AM

Dare I ask if you used a pattern for the reversible bags? That would make a good Christmas gift for Allie. But I'd need a pattern, of course!