Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Featured Guest: In Between Laundry

Hi! I'm Erin from

and I'm just about as pleased as punch to visit with you girls today!

DSC_0111

That's me with my husband and our two stinks-- 3-1/2 and 7 months.

is all about

do-able crafts, great recipes,

ideas, and kid stuff,
topped off with a healthy dose of our

Ca-Razy home

renovation
. We are gutting this joint, I tell you.

Here are a few of my recent projects.

project collage

Basically, I'd do a back flip if you stopped by.

Big hugs to Tammy for
asking me to guest blog today!

**********

I'd been wanting to do this project for a while now, so here goes...

Give
your plainy-Janey socks...

DSC_0012

one-of-a-kind no-slip
soles.

DSC_0006

1. Place cardboard strips in your socks and paint designs on the bottom using
Puffy Paint.

2. Let them dry according to package instructions (I left mine overnight).

DSC_0002

How cute are these all rolled up like rosettes for a gift?

Ooh-- throw in a great foot
scrub
(I have several recipes here) and your Valentine will kiss your
feet
! Truth.

Some other ideas I came up with (but haven't yet tried) are:

stenciling the recipient's name,
writing the alphabet and
drawing butterflies or animal paw-prints.

signature

barbara,  said... January 26, 2011 at 9:59 AM

I am in LOVE with this idea! My kids need new slippers - what a great gift for them to find when they wake up on Valentine's Day! THANKS for hosting this post!

Emily,  said... January 26, 2011 at 10:08 AM

This would be a great way to make those slippery kiddo socks not so slippery! Thanks for the great idea!!

Beth Eaton,  said... January 26, 2011 at 11:43 PM

I LOVE THIS!! Who would have ever thought!! You could make some very unique personalized gifts with this technique. Thanks for sharing! I'm a new follower to both of your blogs!!

April,  said... January 26, 2011 at 11:53 PM

Fun! Thanks for stopping by my blog! I am thouroghly enjoying my visit to yours! I am a new follower.

Chiara,  said... January 27, 2011 at 10:22 AM

Oh, that is such a cute idea, and I love that you can personalize it for the person wearing the socks! Erin, you are always full of brilliant ideas! : )

Jackie,  said... February 4, 2011 at 9:25 AM

This is a great idea! I have some puffy paint that I might have to try this with.

I would love to have you link this to my link party.

Kelley,  said... February 8, 2011 at 4:01 PM

What a great idea! Thank you for sharing... I was just doing another project with puffy paint and there may be just enough! Yeah!! Got to try this =)

Melissa,  said... February 10, 2011 at 11:39 AM

The socks are genius! I posted about them on my blog :)

SJ @ Homemaker On A Dime,  said... June 12, 2011 at 8:06 PM

Hi, friend! I'm admiring all your creative posts here so can you please share them with us at the Creative Bloggers' Party & Hop? Hope to see you there at the party :)