Thursday, December 16, 2010

It’s My Fave!

This is my current favorite Christmas decoration.

Faith Blocks copy

The pattern came from a magazine and I knew I wanted it the instant I saw it. I wasn’t brave enough to try it on my own so I convinced a friend--who could stand in for Martha Stewart--to do it instead. She taught it for a Super Saturday craft day at church and it was the only craft I did. Unfortunately, it took forever! We ended up meeting at her house to finish these and I still didn’t even finish then. Lucky for me, she feels crazy when projects aren’t finished and she finished mine up for me. Since I don’t have her mad painting talents, I was thrilled!

There are, obviously, no faces still but I kind of like that. It bothers my children that I don’t put faces on a lot of my crafts, but for some reason it works for me. For this one, I just love the simplicity mixed in with all of the detailed painting.
I love it--every time I look over at it!
Yep, this is definitely my favorite right now.

What is your favorite Christmas decoration this year?

Amanda,  said... December 16, 2010 at 6:54 AM

I love it!! I like the no faces. Bothers my husband as well (we have the Willow Tree Nativity scene ... he hates it. It's just wood -- they didn't even put a face on it. You paid what?) lol

I love our tree! Everything on it is handmade. The ornaments, the garland, the tree topper. Just love it!

Amanda
todaystoptwenty.blogspot.com

Nancy's Couture,  said... December 16, 2010 at 1:49 PM

So BEAUTIFUL!!! I want one. I love the simplicity of it.
My favorite decoration is our Little People nativity. The kids love playing with it (and fighting over who gets baby Jesus) and I get the opprotunity to talk with them about God and what Jesusdid for us!

arkie,  said... December 17, 2010 at 11:20 AM

Just popping around and saw your nativity. Love it! Could you say what magazine the pattern was in? I'd love to try this.

charlotte,  said... December 18, 2010 at 11:27 AM

I love that nativity! I would love to know what magazine you got the pattern out of. chartreyjolene@hotmail.com

me35,  said... December 18, 2010 at 12:32 PM

PLEASE can you tell me which mag - and fingers crossed it is one I can get in the UK...!

I collect nativities and have quite a few that are "faceless" which I like - you can mentally project your own images on to them. It helps me to think about how I can achieve the serenity of Mary, faithfulness of the shepherds and so on !

I absolutely ADORE this set. SO beautiful.

My favourite decoration this year is (as always) our tree. It just went up this afternoon ! This is the first year DD has been old enough to help me and I have loved telling her the stories behind some of our decorations !

Margaret C

me35,  said... December 18, 2010 at 12:32 PM

I absolutely ADORE this set. SO beautiful.

Margaret C

Jenbug,  said... December 21, 2010 at 10:45 AM

I love these!! What magazine did you get the pattern from? They are just perfect and I love nativity scenes!! Thanks for sharing your beautiful handmade decoration :) Merry Christmas!
jenbug116@gmail.com

Colleen @ MuralMaker&More,  said... December 28, 2010 at 9:20 PM

They're fabulous! Don't feel bad about not finishing. I'm a chronic starter, but not so much a finisher.

And faces? Yeah, well, even after years of painting, they're not my favorite thing to paint.

Hope your holiday was wonderful!

Jennifer,  said... January 1, 2011 at 5:23 PM

I love this! I think it is beautiful and such a wonderful decoration - this is my favorite Christmas idea you've shown
Jennifer