Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Baby Boy Questions

I'll have to start by telling you baby boy gifts are really not my strong point.

It kind of stresses me out--no, it really stresses me out--when I need a gift for a baby boy. I wish I could think of the perfect gift and then stick with it for every single baby boy to whom I give a gift! I have done lots of different things in the past, but I haven't been completely satisfied with most of them.

Do you think I am getting closer to the right gift with this one?

I used my Silhouette cutting machine and Heat Transfer paper to make this and it was pretty easy to do. The hardest part was finding a decent quality, solid-colored t-shirt that didn't have pictures, designs, logos, or a pocket on it.

I finally found this t-shirt at Wal-Mart and it seemed so cheap (it was) for a gift. But, I made it pretty (pretty man-ly that is) and bought pants to go with it and I think it turned out pretty well. Of course, this is coming from the lady with no boys and very little experience with little boys.

What do you think?
Is it a good baby boy gift?
Could it be my "keeper" gift idea?

I'd love to know what you think! Just leave a comment with your opinion.

Photobucket

Lynne,  said... October 20, 2010 at 1:16 PM

I have a 4 year old boy, and I say yes! I would have put his on him as a baby too. So cute... if trucks can be cute.

jeanine,  said... October 20, 2010 at 2:27 PM

I have 3 little boys and I think that shirt is ADORABLE! I would love to receive that for them!

The Tarbet Family,  said... October 20, 2010 at 3:12 PM

I think it is pretty cute. Boys love trucks and sports :) Did you look at the plain t-shirts at Target too?? Super cute!!! You did a good job!

Michelle Woodland,  said... October 20, 2010 at 3:42 PM

Having three boys of my own, I think it's great!!! I think my 9 and 6 year old would even like it!! :)

lorchick @ ON{thelaundry}LINE,  said... October 20, 2010 at 4:07 PM

I think it's cute. Put a ruffly skirt with it and you have something I'd put on my baby girl to make my husband super happy. :D

Amy@ServingPinkLemonade,  said... October 20, 2010 at 4:58 PM

Absolutely LOVE this. What a great idea. And it looks so professional too. What a fun toy the silhouette must be.

Cortnie,  said... October 21, 2010 at 11:17 AM

I love it! Definitely a keeper! And, I love the new logo by the way! I'm praying for a little baby boy so I can make a t-shirt with a dinosaur that says "steogersaurus." I might just do some for my girls anyway...who knows if I'll ever get a boy?

Auntie K,  said... October 22, 2010 at 4:15 AM

Looks great to me--I think it's a keeper. But then, what do I know? And for many an older boy (and many girls), you could do a got trains? shirt.

Monica de Moss,  said... October 24, 2010 at 5:27 PM

If I had a little boy or a Grandson, I would buy that! Excellent idea and you can add "Got Cars" and "Got Bikes".

:-)

Wendy,  said... April 19, 2011 at 10:39 AM

I Love It! I was looking for a boyish pattern to put on a onsies for a prego friend! Thanks you did a great job.

Alayna,  said... April 22, 2011 at 10:10 AM

That's great! I want to make one for my 4 year old who is completely in LOVE with trucks. Where did you get the images?
Oh - and if you ever need plain shirts again try your local craft store. Michaels and JoAnn's usually have them for about $2 each in all sizes, right next to the iron on stuff.