Thursday, July 22, 2010

A Story About Our Queen

One of my daughters is a little bossy assertive. She is the youngest and yet she kind of rules our house. We are her loyal subjects and she is the Queen.

When I found this cute chair at a thrift store, I told her it was just her size. I knew I could do something cute with it.

She was in love and told me she wanted it to be pink (of course). I didn't think about that--I wasn't thinking pink. But, like many other things I do for her, I just did it. All it took was a little wood filler for the holes, primer, and 2 coats of spray paint.

Then, a little idea occurred to me. I decided to add a few vinyl words of my own. And, really, what does she care? She can't read yet.

BAHAHAHAHA! I got the laugh on this one--who's Queen now?

I am quite sure my laughing won't last long, but it was a quick and easy redo!

The moral of this story is probably something along the lines of
 "Easy come, easy go."

But, this also serves as a great reminder: Bringing new life to old stuff doesn't have to be difficult or complicated or involve a huge time commitment.

Sometimes, it just takes a small effort to make a change that is just right!
Visit thecsiproject.com
Linked here today!

post signature

Krista@thegatheringplacedesign,  said... July 22, 2010 at 10:45 AM

So cute! I have a little girl who would love a chair like that, words and all.;)

Nancy's Couture,  said... July 22, 2010 at 11:08 AM

The chair is too cute! I have a little "queen" in my house to. LOL

Nancy's Couture,  said... July 22, 2010 at 11:08 AM

The chair is too cute! I have a little "queen" in my house to. LOL

Nancy's Couture,  said... July 22, 2010 at 11:08 AM

The chair is too cute! I have a little "queen" in my house to. LOL

Munchkin Things,  said... July 22, 2010 at 11:23 AM

That is so cute! I love it! I need to go search for some thrones for my munchkins!

Jessica @ Barefoot by the Sea,  said... July 22, 2010 at 6:36 PM

I love the picture of your daughter - what a pose. At least she is confident! That's a good thing for little girls!