Saturday, January 16, 2010

Sew Sweet Strawberry Towel Cake

I have seen a variety of these bath-type cupcakes and cakes for a couple of years now. I am completely fascinated by them, but would never want to use one because it would destroy the craft itself. I think I finally solved that problem.

This is really easy to make.
(Hmm...are you sensing a theme this Valentine's Day? "Easy" maybe?)
 I digress.

I used a tutorial from Moda Bake Shop written by V and Co. to make the strawberries.

To make the cake part, start with a large washcloth or small towel. I used a Valentine's fingertip towel.

I have seen these with fabric and paper cupcake liners as well as with fabric frosting. This will be a gift for an adult so I didn't see the need to have a leftover piece. As it stands, it is all usable. The best part is that even when you "destroy" the cake to use it, you will still have a beautiful plate and scrumptious fabric strawberries to use in some other way.
The craft that keeps on crafting!

**An update: Look what I found at Target today for $2.50...
Isn't that perfect for towel cakes and Valentine's Day gifts?

V and Co.,  said... January 16, 2010 at 12:55 AM

oh they turned out adorable! soo cute! btw i totally LOVE melissa neddo! she's awesome! small world indeed!!! ;) -V

Two Shades of Pink,  said... January 16, 2010 at 7:54 AM

What a fab gift idea...Tammy, where do you get the time to do all this?

Melissa,  said... January 16, 2010 at 3:37 PM

You are seriously making my head spin with all of your ideas. When do you sleep?

Josée alias amelanche 1,  said... January 17, 2010 at 8:33 AM

Hello, thank you very much for taking the time to come see my blog and wrote me. You create and you are very beautiful things, I will carefully monitor your beautiful projects.

See you soon and have a nice day.

Josée

PS: Here is the link for the translation: http://translate.google.fr/translate_tools

Toucan Scraps,  said... January 12, 2011 at 8:13 AM

what a great idea, I've never seen anytihgn like this before, but I just LOVE it.

Pamela,  said... February 23, 2011 at 11:23 AM

Oh, I am all over this one. Just darling, darlin'. Can't wait to try it.

Pamela,  said... February 23, 2011 at 11:23 AM

Oh, I am all over this one. Just darling, darlin'. Can't wait to try it.

CakenGifts in,  said... May 26, 2017 at 6:26 AM

Great article with beautiful pics this is very rare combination, this is my goodness that I found it on google, brilliant idea you have shared thank you so much
Online Cake Delivery in Delhi